This room was planned in 1826 when the ancient family palace was transformed in a hospital for the poor people of the entire province, as it had been decided by the Marquise Antonia Ugolani, widow of the Marquess Luigi Dati.

In 1838 the architect Carlo Visioli was appointed to renovate the building to adapt it to its new use. At the intersection of the two main infirmaries, the architect planned a wonderful space which resembles the Palladian style: he created a hemispherical dome on columns enlighten in the center by the lantern.
The room hosts the bust of the Marquess Giuseppe Sigismondo Ala Ponzone (Cremona, 1761-1842).

visit the museum's other spaces